I began my career running the accounting department for a small telecommunications company in San Diego. After earning my MBA from UC Davis, I worked for Sony Online Entertainment in their corporate financial planning department, working my way up to Director of Finance. After acting as trustee and agent under power of attorney for a family member, I decided to use my knowledge and experience to help other families navigate what can often times be an emotional and difficult situation.
I am licensed as a professional fiduciary by the California Department of Consumer Affairs to act as a trustee, conservator, executor, estate administrator and agent under power of attorney. I registered in 2017 with the State of California, Department of Business Oversight as an investment advisor.
- Bachelor of Art, Economics – University of California, San Diego (USCD) 1998
- Bachelor of Art, Sociology – UCSD 1998
- Professional Certificate in Accounting – UCSD Extension 1999
- Master of Business Administration, Finance – University of California, Davis 2003
- Executive Certificate in Financial Planning – Santa Clara University Executive Development Center 2016
- Certificate in Professional Fiduciary Management for Trustees – California State University, Fullerton Extended Studies 2016
- 2016 – Present, TDM Trust, Owner
- 2004 – 2015, Sony Online Entertainment, Director of Finance
- Responsible for corporate financial planning and analysis – budgeting, forecasting and financial modeling for business development.
- 1998 – 2001, Intella II, Accounting Manager
- Managed accounting department.
Professional Designations, Licensing and Exams
- California Licensed Professional Fiduciary #941
- Series 65 Exam
- Professional Fiduciary Association of California
- National Guardianship Association
Troy Meyer, MBA, NCG, CLPF #941